Friday, May 1, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Bank some CEUs with two of the most clinically knowledgeable, interesting, and interactive presenters anywhere. This is your one and done workshop for LPC Ethics and Diagnosis.
The Louisiana Counseling Association is approved by the Louisiana Licensed Professional Board of Examiners to offer continuing education for Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors and Provisional Licensed Professional Counselors. This program meets requirements up to 6.0 continuing education clock hours for Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors. (3.0 hrs Diagnosis and 3.0 hrs Ethics)
“Relaxing Privacy and Security vs. Relaxing Professional Ethics”
Presenter: Ida Chauvin, Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT
This presentation will provide the participant with an overview of the recent enforcement discretion utilized to relax the HIPPA requirements so that telehealth delivery methods could be employed. A review of licensure requirements and procedures and options to gain eligibility for tele-health services that meet the will PC Board requirements for delivering telehealth services post-Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be provided Participants will examine current challenges of professional ethics for all types of counseling including marriage, family, addiction, etc.
1. Participants will understand the contributing factors of HIPPA enforcement discretion
2. Gain understanding of Synchronous vs. Asynchronous delivery
3. Understand and learn the ethical pitfalls of telehealth delivery
4. Understand and learn the licensing procedure for delivering telehealth mental health services
BREAK 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
“Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Etiology, Diagnosis and Assessment”
Presenter: Walter Buboltz, Ph.D.
This presentation will provide the participant with an overview of the prevalence rates and contributing factors to Depression and Anxiety Disorders. Participants will also be exposed to theories/ideas of what causes Depression and Anxiety Disorders. Diagnostic criteria for the various disorders will be reviewed. Finally, assessment and data collection methods (including instruments) will be reviewed to assist in the diagnosis of the disorders.
1. Understand the prevalence and contributing factors for these disorders
2. Gain an understanding of the etiology of these disorders
3. Understand and learn the basic criteria of each disorder
4. Understand and learn basic assessment practices to identify the disorders